Add Custom Fields
We understand that the standard fields provided most likely don't cover all of your needs for your data. We have provided a way for you to create custom fields. Additionally the form can be rearranged based on your needs.
**Only account owners and admins can make these changes.
You start this by clicking your organization name, and going to Settings.
The Settings page appears.
The forms are section specific, so if you want to add custom fields to the Contacts form, you must select Contacts.
In the Customization section, click on Custom Fields link available in Contacts sub-section.
In the Standard Fields section available at left side, click on New Custom Field button as below.
The New Custom Field window appears as below.
- Name: Write the name of the field.
- Type: For any field in a form, you have an option to select what kind of user input you want. For example, you can give an option to users to select multiple values for form field (using checkboxes), only one value for a form field (using drop-down list), and text input.
The options are:
- Text input: Select this option when you want the user to add some text in response to the field.
- Checkbox: Select this option when you want the user to select multiple values from a list of values.
- Text area: Select this option when you want the user to add large text in response to the form field.
- Currency: Select this option to select the currency and allow the users to specify the amount in selected currency.
- Date: Select this option when you want the user to select the date for the corresponding form field.
- Heading: Select this option, if you want the user to group the form fields in a new heading.
- Select Box: Select this option to show all field values in dropdown list.
Depending on the field type that you select, you need to specify different values for that field, such as the drop-down options for the ‘Select Box’ type. When you add these values, you can see options to add more values, if required.
Click on Create button. The new custom field is added to the form. In this example, we added a new field in the form that you use to create a new contact. To verify, click on New Contact button available in the Contacts tab. You can see that the new custom field and its custom options are added.