While using KarmaCRM, you can add tasks and organize these in different lists and folders for easy reference. For any task, you can assign it to any user and associate the task with any contact, company, and deal, and then track it for its status and comments. For example: You can create a task such as Follow up with Contact A, and assign it to a user.
Click on Tasks tab as below.
Click on New Task button available at the right top of the page. The New Task window appears as below.
You have two options to add a new task.
- From Scratch
- By Using Task Record Template
Add New Task from Scratch
Add the following details for new task.
- Write the title of new task
- Select the due date of task; this is the date when you want or expect it to be completed. You can also add the specific time when the task needs to be completed on the selected due date.
- Select the user to whom you want to assign this task. Select Notify User via email option, if you want to send email notification to the assigned user. However, assigned user receives the notification on one’s karmaCRM account.
- Select the participants of the task. The participants of the task can be any contact, company, deal and user. The task has been associated with the selected participant.
If you select a participant that is a contact, company, and deal, you can see that the new task is added to Tasks section in the right sidebar of that asset’s details page. You can also see that the task is added to History section, as Todo interaction type. For example, while creating a new task, you have added any contact as a participant. Now when you can see the right sidebar details of that contact, the new task appears in Tasks section.
If the participant is any user, the new task is listed in Tasks | All Tasks tab of user account.
- Select the category with which the task is related such as contact, lead and requirement.
- Write the description of task
- Select a task list, if required. You can see that the new task is added to the selected list.
Click on Save button and the task details are saved. You can see that the new task is listed in All Tasks tab.
By Using Task Record Template
You can also create a new task by using the task record template.
Click on New Task button and the New Task window appears.
At the right side of the window, the Select a record template drop-down list appears. You can see the list of all task templates that you have created for task.
Select the required template the data for new task is populated based on the selected template.
You can change the details of task, as required. Click on Save button and the task is added to All Tasks tab.
By Using Task Template
This option is available only when you see the details of any asset. You can create a new task by using task template for specific asset such as companies, deals, contacts and cases. When you see the details of any asset such as contacts, you can see the option to add a new task in the right sidebar, as below.
Click on Apply a Template drop-down list and select the task template. You can see that the task is added.