karmaCRM enables you to add documents to your account, and use these later. When you have a long list of documents, you can organize these in different folders and sub-folders, for easy reference.
You have following options to add a new file.
- Use File menu and add files
- Use the right sidebar in the details page of any asset (Please see right sidebar: advanced details for detailed instructions.)
- Send an attachment in an email to a contact or a company (Please see send an email for detailed instructions.)
- Add an attachment when you add a new comment or a note, anywhere in the system
Adding New File Using File Menu
Go to Files section. You can see this option either in main or secondary navigation. (Please see settings of navigation tabs for detailed instructions.)
Click on More drop-down list and select Files option as below.
The default list of file categories and files appears. Click on Add files button available at the right side of the page. You can select the file from your system and the file is uploaded.
The file gets listed the home page, or any folder or sub-folder, depending on which page was opened when you clicked on the Add files button.
For example, if folder: 2014.All.Contracts is opened and you click on Add files button, the file is uploaded inside the 2014.All.Contracts folder. Likewise, if home page is opened, and you click on Add files button, the file is uploaded on home page of Files section.
Add Details of an Uploaded File
When you place the mouse pointer on any file, you can click on to add more details of this file. The Edit Asset window appears as below.
Write the description of file, as required.
You can setup different permissions for different users for this file.
Select one of the following options.
Select Everyone option, if you want that any user in your account can access this file.
Select Private option, if you want that only selected users or groups can access this file. Select one or more users and groups, and assign following types of permissions.
- Select Read or Write option, if you want that selected user or group can read and edit the file both.
- Select Read Only option, if you want that selected user or group can only read the file and cannot make any changes in the file.
Click on Save button and the details are saved.
For each file listed, you can see following details:
- Name of file
- Full Description of file
- Date and time when the file was uploaded
- icon corresponding to the file name for which you have assigned permission to access.
- Name of asset if file is added for specific asset