You can edit the basic and advanced details of any contact. Click on Contacts tab as below.
In the list of contacts, place the mouse pointer in the row of contact that you want to edit. The two icons appear as below.
You have following options to edit the contact details.
- In the list of contacts, click on to edit the corresponding contact details.
- Inline edit: You can update some of the fields for that contact record. Take your mouse pointer over the editable fields, and click on icon. Make the changes and these are saved when you click anywhere outside the field.
- When you see the details of contact, click on Edit button available at top right side of the page.
- Click on the name of contact and you can edit the details of contact.
Edit Basic Details
Click on icon available at the end of contact record row for which you want to edit the details. The Edit Contact form appears where you can make the changes, as below.
You can change the following details:
- Company name
- Phone numbers
- Email ID’s
- Social accounts' details
- Background Info
- User whom the contact has been assigned
Click on Update button to save the changes.
Edit Custom Details
Edit Header Section Details
In the list of all contact, click on the name of contact person whose details you want to change. The details page of contact appears. In Header section, you can edit the following details that are added by you or any other user.
- Company Name
- User to whom the contact person has been assigned
- The values of all fields that are available while creating a contact
- Referral Sources
- Edit the details of contact (Please see edit basic details section explained above in this article, for detailed instructions.)
Upload a Profile Image: Click on the default image and the window appears as below.
Click on Select an Image button and select the image from your computer. The image is uploaded to karmaCRM.
Click on Close button to add the image.
To remove the added image, click on Remove Images button.
Edit Main Section Details
In main page area, you can edit the following details which are added by you or any other user.
Manage Social Accounts
Add Account: In Social Accounts, you can update the social account details, such as to change the account type or its URL.
You can also add a new social account. Click on New Account button and the window appears as below.
In Type, select the type of social account. Specify the account URL or handle name in the corresponding field. Click on Update button. The new social account is added for this contact.
After you add a new account, you need to connect it with the Karma account, to activate it. For example, if you add a new twitter account, click on the corresponding Connect Twitter Account button to connect this twitter account. Authorize karmaCRM to access your twitter account, and the account details are seen in the contact's details page, as below.
Edit Account: You can edit a social account for its URL or handle name.
- Click on the icon of social account that you want to edit.
- Select Edit option in Actions drop down arrow. The Edit Social Account window appears.
- You can see that you cannot change the account type, you can change the account URL or handle name for this account. To change the account type, you can add another social account, or delete this social account, if you do not need it.
- Click on Update button to save the changes.
Delete Account: You can delete a social account, if required.
- Click on icon of social account.
- Select Delete option in Actions drop down arrow. The karmaCRM asks you to confirm whether you want to delete the account.
- Click on Yes option and the account is deleted.
Manage Notes and History of Contact
You can add a new note for this contact. The note can be of email, phone call and note type. You can also manage the records listed in history of this contact. (Please see manage notes and history of contact for detailed instructions.)
Edit Specific Assets/Details of the Contact
In the right sidebar, you can edit the asset that is already associated with contact such as deal, task, and relationship and so on. Click on the name of asset that you want to edit, such as the task name, event name or relationship, and you can see the corresponding page where you can make the changes. (Please see right sidebar: advanced settings for detailed instructions.)