The karmaCRM and eSpeakers integration is the latest and greatest in the professional speaking industry’s push to build great tools to help great people build great businesses. It allows for seamless coordination between the sales side of things (karmaSpeaker) and the event management side of things (eSpeakers). There are features on both sides of the equation, but here we will be focusing primarily on the everything you need to know about using the eSpeakers integration on the karmaSpeaker side.
Setting Up the Integration
First, let's jump into eSpeakers.
- In eSpeakers, click on your name in the upper right and click on "Settings" in the menu that drops down.
- On the page that opens, click on the “Connect” tab in the row of tabs at the top of the page.
- Click on "API key," the second to last in the list on the left side of the page.
- Here, highlight and copy the API key.
Then, let's just back into your karmaSpeaker account!
- In karmaSpeaker, click on your name in the upper right and click on "Settings" in the menu that drops down.
- Click on "Users" in the list on the right side of the page. Here, make sure that you are on the Premium subscription plan.
- Once you've verified this, click on "Integrations" under the "System" header in the list on the right. Navigate to Settings
- Click the "Install" button to the left of the eSpeakers integration, the second integration listed.
- Here, paste the API key from eSpeakers, which you copied earlier, into the respective text field.
- It will then prompt you to log into your account.
Using the Integration
*Please note that any events you currently have in eSpeakers will not automatically show up in your karmaSpeaker account when you set up the integration. For a walk through of exporting your events from eSpeakers and into karmaSpeaker, check out our article "Exporting Events from eSpeakers".
To begin a sync between karmaSpeaker and eSpeakers, you’ll need to start with a new gig on the karmaSpeaker side.
To create a gig, click on "Gigs" in the top navigation bar to take you to the Gigs section.
Then, click the green "New Gig" button in the upper left and fill out the form that pops up. This will create a record of the event (or gig, rather) in your karmaSpeaker account alone.
After you've filled out the form and clicked "Create," find the gig you created and click on it, so you'll see it's individual page.
On its individual page, click the "Create eSpeakers Event" button at the bottom of the dark blue section that spans the top of the gig's page.
This will open up eSpeakers, and automatically link the two together. You now can manage the event in either platform. Any events that are “Grabbed” from karmaSpeaker from eSpeakers will show underneath a contact’s page in the Gigs widget.
I recommend starting an event in karma and, once the sale is closed, creating it in eSpeakers. As it's only a one-time transfer of information, that's the most efficient route to go. 👍
As always, if you have any questions regarding this or any of our other articles, don't hesitate to reach out!