If you're one of our karmaSpeaker Premium account owners, and you've haven't heard about our sync with eSpeakers yet, you're in the right place! However, before we dive into moving existing events from eSpeakers into karmaSpeaker, in this article, check out our last article, "How do I set up the eSpeakers integration?".
Here, we're going to walk through exporting events from your eSpeakers account and importing them into your karmaSpeaker account.
Let's start in eSpeakers:
- After you've logged into eSpeakers, click on "Reports" in the upper right corner.
- In the window that opens, click "Event List".
- Here specify the information you want included in the export by ticking the checkboxes provided and narrowing the date range of events included.
- Make sure to change the export method from "Screen/Printer" to "Excel Download" and click "View Report".
- This will download a file to your computer, which you can then import into karma.
Next, we'll need to reformat the spreadsheet from eSpeakers.
- First, delete the columns for "ID" and "Speaker" as well as the empty columns on the sheet.
- From there, rename the columns in the sheet, so they match karma fields. The main ones you'll want to change are "Status" to "Stage," "Start Date" to "Event Date" and "Location" to "Venue Location".
- You also need to add a column for "Title". In many cases, this is the same as the organization name, so you can just copy and paste. However, be sure that each event has a unique name. If there are duplicates, the system will automatically merge them.
- From there, divide the event details, so they correlate with fields in your karma account. Usually, this means dividing by "First Name," "Last Name," "Email," and "Phone Number".
- Finally, survey your spreadsheet and download it as a CSV. It should look something like this:
Let's go ahead and jump into karmaSpeaker:
- After you've logged into karmaSpeaker, navigate to your account "Settings" and click on "Gigs" in the list on the right. Then click on "Form Layout."
- There, click on the "Stage" field in the middle of the page and change them to match the stages you had in eSpeakers ("confirmed," "cancelled," "postponed," "held," etc.) Feel free to also do the opposite and change the fields in your spreadsheet to match karma instead. Whichever works for you. 👍
- Once you're done, click on "Gigs" in the top navigation bar.
- If you haven't created any gigs yet, click the "Import Gigs" button.
- If you have, click on the "Actions" button in the upper right, and click on "Import Gigs" in the menu that drops down.
- Then, upload the Excel download from eSpeakers and you're all set!
For a more thorough walkthrough of importing, check out the following article in our support center, "Importing from CSV."
Feel free to contact us, too, if you run into any roadblocks, during the import process or need any clarification. 🙂
You can use the same file to import both your contacts and gig information from eSpeakers. First, import your file into karma in the "Contacts" section and ignore all of the fields except for these:
Then, jump into the "Gigs" section and ignore all of the fields except for these:
Boom! Two birds with one stone. 👍